JMV ART PRESERVATION FOUNDATION
The Foundation desires to give the public, especially the young, a new awareness of the beauty of the music performed in the American Musical Theater prior to 1943, the year OKLAHOMA! opened on Broadway.
The Foundation’s mission is to:
- “preserve” the music of our great composers;
- provide the means of discovery through self-education; and
- enhance the learning process through participation in live performance.
The Foundation’s overarching goal is to facilitate an understanding of American Musical Theatre and a sharing of this knowledge. The purpose of the Foundation is to use technology to make this music more easily accessible to the public, so that the public can listen to and appreciate the music while learning about:
- the history and origin of the music
- how American Culture influenced the music
- how other cultures influenced American composers
- production of Broadway shows